Peter and Paul Cathedral in St. Petersburg, Russia
The Peter and Paul Cathedral is a Russian Orthodox cathedral located in St. Petersburg. It was built between 1712 and 1733 and is located on Zayachy island along the Neva River. It is recognized by its golden spire, with a height of 123 meters and features an angel on the top holding a cross, one of the most important symbols of the city. The cathedral houses the remains of almost all the Russian Emperors and Empresses from Peter the Great to Nicholas II and his family who were finally laid to rest in July 1998. Thanks to Sofia.